Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Hacking MY education

"Hacking" your education can have many different meanings. In this course, it's used to redesign our education.

STEP 1: ask yourself;
what do you want to do in life, learn about, experience, or collect for your personal reasonings?

I want to use this course to achieve MY goals.

A few more important questions that come to mind-

Who do I need in my learning network? How do I show that I've done what I said I was going to do? What do I want to get better at? What can I show on my blog? What experience do you want to leave under your belt in June?

I want to learn to rationalize, compromise, delegate

I DO NOT want to procrastinate!!

Do not just work for this course, have this course work for you.

Those were my in class notes and side comments to myself. I have a lot of ideas for hacking my own education. I've been self researching more lately and I really am enjoying it. I am interested in political science, this country, the government, and the people that make up this country. I enjoy meeting people, talking to them and getting to know them. I learn so much from meeting others and having conversations. That is where I want to hack my education. I want to learn from the other students in this course. I want to hear what others are interested in and what they might be struggling with. I could possibly have the same interest or problems and we could learn and help each other through the processes.

No comments:

Post a Comment